Palmer Divide Repeater Group
Website Last Edited -
07/24/2008 03:45:24 PM
Welcome to the Palmer Divide Repeater Club! Have a look about and let
us know what you think.
- 07-06-05 - After a rather lengthy string of good luck with our hardware,
the autopatch is being taken down for a bit of maintenance. As soon as it is
returned from the manufacturer, the feature will once again be available.
- 06-30-03 - The IRLP Node is back up and running just fine now. Canadian
Customs can be pretty slow in letting loose of things that don't even work
so things went slow, but it's the board is doing nicely now.
- 05-11-03 - IRLP is now down due to a bad FET in the interface board. It's
goin' back to the Canucks tomorrow and should be back shortly. The support
folks at IRLP are some of the fastest and most considerate folks I've run
into. I had my reply and offer to repair in 10 minutes after submission. Much
better than the folks at commercial suppliers.
- 04-28-03 - The IRLP link is solid so we've added a FAQ for the users. Just
click here and you can read up on the proper
operation of this nifty feature.
- 04-12-03 - An update is due as the repeater continues to remain quite
reliable with the autopatch and IRLP link in place. An antenna relocation is
probably in order as the coverage to the north is substandard. The weather
is warming up and this will be one of the first projects on the list.
- 01-13-03 - Mirabile Dictu!!!
IRLP is up and running on the repeater now. We've done a good deal of
rasslin' with this, but the actual installation had more to do with the
aquisition of parts, than the installation itself. Specifics on accessing
the system will be available shortly.
- 12-15-2002 - The repeater is back up and functioning very nicely with not
only it's CW ID functioning properly, but also its newly installed phone patch. Our next project will be the installation of
the IRLP node. Check back when it's up and things should get more
- 12-01-2002 - Word has it that the controller board will be back in our
hands on 12-06-02. Work proceeds apace on the patch as well.
- 11-14-2002 - The repeater is down temporarily owing to a glitch in the
controller board. We should have it up within the week.
The purpose of our organization is to provide public service and
emergency communication capability for the Palmer Divide are in
About Our Organization
We are a local group of techs (Engineers, Geeks, what have you) that
originally decided to pool what remained of our hypoxic brains and create
a repeater club. As stated previously, our goal is to provide public
service/emergency communications for the Palmer Divide area including
Monument and Palmer Lake.
You're welcome to contact us by the following methods regarding membership
and any community projects we can you with.
- Postal address
- Palmer Divide Repeater
- 19980 Soaring Wing Drive
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Electronic mail
- Our email address is: email@example.com